While behavioral health continues to gain heightened attention there is so much more work to be done to truly bring the issue into focus in fire and emergency services. It’s killing us at an alarming rate.
This program provides an insightful overview of behavioral health problems that first responders experience and offers the skills necessary to size-up and help others who are struggling with their mental well-being:
- Understand how to monitor the health of your fellow responders to prevent the negative and long-lasting effects of PTSD on your people and your organization
- Learn proven ways to manage PTSD and how to help your members cope with the stress of traumatic events
- Gain the tools necessary to create an effective Behavioral Health Program that can be adapted for your agency
For those responders suffering in silence: THERE IS HOPE!
For those who care about someone suffering from PTSD symptoms: direction, guidance and support are available.
For those who haven’t been affected by PTSD yet: Survival requires each of us to speak out, to reach out, and be educated.
Hear the story of a firefighter who experienced a very tragic event, was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and who only now is able to share the lessons learned to prepare others to deal with PTSD within themselves and in their fellow first responders. Learn from someone who reached out and now shares the load for others.
Jared Meeker is a 30+ year fire service veteran currently serving as a fire chief in a combination fire department in Western New York. His passion for the fire service includes teaching incident command and career survival skills to aspiring fire officers.
Meet Jared and hear his story:
- August 7 – Watch Hill Fire District – Westerly, Rhode Island
- September 29th – Fire Service Women of New York State Conference – Montour Falls NY
- October 12 – Association of Fire Districts of the State of New York Leadership Training Summit – Saratoga Springs NY
Previous 2018 Presentations:
- March 26th – Monroe County Battalion #3 Line Officers Association – Rochester NY
- April 7th – Bradford County Pennsylvania (2 classes)
- April 12th – Geneseo Fire Department – Geneseo NY
- April 14th – STEP Council of Genesee Region Conference
- April 17th – West Webster Fire Department – Rochester NY
- June 1 – National Volunteer Fire Council Training Summit – Charlotte NC
- June 12 – Greece Volunteer Ambulance – Greece NY
- June 14 – New York Association of Fire Chiefs Conference – Verona NY
TO LEARN MORE OR SCHEDULE A SEMINAR:
CHIEF JARED MEEKER
firstname.lastname@example.org | 585.509.3439
Promotional Materials Created Courtesy of: TigerSchmittendorf.com